Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"Why not go for the full year, you lazy bastard?"

Don't even THINK it. I know just what you want to say. "Don't be so hard on yourself." "You have had so much going on." Truth? I'm always going to have so much going on. Canine ear surgery, multiple myeloma, fleas, (not me, dear visitor, the housemates), etc. That is just the way my life is. So use it or lose it is the new blog motto. I write and you don't have to read.

I DO appreciate being let off the hook, don't get me wrong. It came in very handy a few weeks ago when I very responsibly walked home from the bar and very shortly thereafter woke up on the couch with relatives on the doorstep and no clothes from the waist down. Sigh. Sounds better than it felt.

So, I'm not going for the full year off. I'm back. And coincidentally, in black.

Or maybe I'm just lazy. Instead of typing my own thoughts, I can spend hours hitting Next Blog and becoming momentarily infatuated with the deluded boy in Montreal who thinks she's coming back or the naive South African boy who thinks she's coming back. Definite unrequited theme on blogger these days.

Then there are my regulars, the people I visit daily: Crankster who has fled rural VA for the big apple; Fireflies in the Cloud who always has a picture to go with the random thought; Chockylit who makes the most bizarrely original cupcakes; and my newest man, A.E.L.E.O.P.E.

I'm totally blushing (blog crushing) on Scott from Oregon, the man behind Anecdotal Evidence Life Exists on Planet Earth. He's manly (nude carpentry!), he loves his mum (me too!), he's taken care of a sick parent (trifecta!), and he fell apart when he lost his dog (Caesar, meet Tuti). It doesn't end there. We've both been to Cairns, Australia! He's darn funny! We belong together! Oh, wait. That last one hasn't happened yet.

So, to recap:

I'm back
I am currently in black
I am lazy, but resolved
I couldn't live without my daily read (thanks regulars!)
I'm blushing on Scott from Oregon

Tell all your single friends.

XO, JamieSmitten