Friday, December 04, 2009

I SWEAR I Graduated from University

Some of you are going to doubt that after you read this confession.

So I'm busily working away by scrolling through blog posts to find a Christmas picture of Boom. This actually DOES constitute work because the picture has been requested by the holiday party planning committee. So there, step back with your accusations of slackness.

I find the picture and save it to my desktop. I then open an email and attach the jpeg. And for the first time EVER I realize that the little icon that shows up when you attach a jpeg is actually a little sunset/sailboat picture. Like so:

[Ignore the magnifying glass and star -- it was the only example I could find.]

If you had asked me yesterday, I would have said it was a bucket with a red band and a crack in it. An off-center crack. Had you pressed me further as to why that made a reasonable icon for a picture file, I would have shrugged and said, "dunno." Because now that I've realized what the picture really is, I can't for the life of me figure out why I assumed it was a cracked bucket for all these years. In my defense, those icons are really darn small.


Tell all your single friends, Smitten DOES wear corrective lenses!!




XO, JamieSmitten

3 comments:

ahamos said...

I had no idea what the picture was until just now. To me, it was always just the picture that meant "picture".

Scott from Oregon said...

It took me quite awhile

to see the cracked bucket...

JamieSmitten said...

But you see it, right? It isn't just me??