Friday, November 27, 2009

Much Thanks

So much to be thankful for this year. A short list in off-the-top-of-my-head order:

  1. Jason. So worth the wait. (Although this additional 5 weeks absence is a bit much!)
  2. Healthy Family. I got to see quite a few of them this year and although it does clarify why I'm odd, I wouldn't trade them in for anything. I also expanded my family through Jason and yes, it does clarify why he is odd.
  3. Boom and Pullo. The canine odd couple have provided more love and laughs than annoyance -- although Pullo is determined to make it a close call.
  4. Loyal Friends. There are so many of you that brighten my life. I hope I do as much for you as you have done for me.
  5. New Experiences. New York City, motorcycle dirt drag races, Long Island, the middle pond, bully breed dog show, Gatorama, the James river, kayaking, camping, Coney Island, E-Z Pass.
  6. Good Music. Social Distortion, Morrissey, The English Beat, Delta Spirit, Cracker. While I didn't make my goal of one excellent concert a month, I found new bands and got to see old favorites.
  7. Good Books. My bookshelves are literally overflowing with books read and to be read. The new Kathy Reichs and John Irving are top on my list after I finish my birthday books.
  8. Employment. I complain a lot but I'm happy for the paycheck.
  9. Contentment. I didn't have it for years and I can't tell you what a relief it is to have it back.
  10. Silliness. Awkwardfamilyphotos, overheardinnewyork, all those little bits of comic relief sprinkled throughout the day.

Tell all your single friends, take stock and say thanks.

XO, JamieSmitten

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are welcome for your "ODD" genes!
luv
MUM