Saturday, December 15, 2007

Unbelievable

I can't quite wrap my head around it, so I don't expect any of you to manage it. Especially speaking in such oblique terms. But remember back when JamieSmitten found some peace and started smiling again right about here?

Well somebody should have told JamieSmitten to enjoy the feeling while it lasted. Because apparently, the ride for which I did not purchase a ticket but spins me around anyway has started up again.

Give me strength.
And therein lies the rub for the non-believer. I know that finding the strength is all up to me. Although Zeus with a few well placed lightning bolts wouldn't be rejected.

I refer to this Zeus



















Not the four-legged one that lives on the other side of the fence, although that Zeus has his charms too.




Tell all your single friends, rough weather ahead.
XO, JamieSmitten

8 comments:

wombat said...

well i think you should keep your peace at all costs. just say no to chaos and evil and whatnot.

Rebecca Hickman said...

Visit 4-legged Zuess. He'll cheer you up. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
This believer will be praying for you too.

Crankster said...

I'm starting to think that the only joy in life comes in little dribs and drabs. It isn't permanent, and it is hard to recognize until it's gone.

Sorry if I'm bumming you out. I'm focusing on trying to find the joy!

wombat said...

crankster is very wise in the ways of the world. celebrate the joys, no matter how small.

swisslet said...

sorry to post off topic, but if you don't get your shuffleathon by the beginning of January, I'm going to do you one myself. Sorry you've had to wait so long and all that. I'm not sure I'm an adequate replacement and all that, but I hope that receiving something is better than receiving nothing.

Plus I like making mix tapes.

ST

JamieSmitten said...

Wombat: You know I have problems saying no -- but I'm getting better -- thanks for the help!

40-4ever: Zeus gave me a kiss over the fence and it helped!

Manda and Evie: That's why I keep you folk around. I'll take all the help I can get!

Cranksy: You said it, dude. I sometimes hope to be oblivious in my next life -- so I don't notice that all this shit hurts so much.

JamieSmitten said...

Wombatx2: Crankster, a.k.a. the brother I never knew I had, is in fact MAD wise in the ways of the world. word.

SwissToni: Oui. Le singe est dans l'arbre and je voudrais beaucoup un disque de mélange de SwissT.