Tuesday, January 01, 2008

What I Learned in 2007 (in no particular order)

  • Dance. Somebody has to and it might as well be you.

  • It doesn't matter how big the vet bill is. Boom is worth it.

  • I couldn't space my blog entries evenly if my life depended upon it.

  • Dizzy is not fun.

  • I can't be responsible for it all. Step back, sit down, and let somebody else deal.


  • Speeding is expensive. I should do it more infrequently and cautiously.


  • Tim Gunn might be right. In more instances, I should try to "make it work."


  • Sleep is important.


  • There are some wonderfully unique people blogging -- Thanks, Wombat, Crankster, Firefly, Camel, Ahamos, Cygirl, March to the Sea, Nat Dickinson, Phil Hansen.


    • Cafe Bustelo makes work more tolerable.


    • Never buy anything from an adult toy party that you didn't actually see. Trust me, they CAN be too big. And too purple.



    • 15 minutes on the elliptical will not kill me. Even worse news -- 48 minutes on the elliptical won't kill me.



    • The 17th Street Farmer's Market ROCKS on Saturday morning. Come back summer!



    • $10 earrings can make me smile for years.



    • I enjoy writing, even if nobody reads it.



    • Don't drink 6 beers, 1 shot of tequila, and 2 margarita pints, even if you are walking home. (If you do, be prepared to wake up on the couch, half-dressed, and liberally coated with sick.)


    • I am not too old for all day music festivals.



    • I have wonderful friends and I should tell them that more often.



    • I get blushes (blog crushes) way, way, way too easily.



    • Some people will just never understand me. Try not to work for these people.


    • Some people will get me instantly. Stay close to these people.


    • It ain't over even when the door is shut, the blinds are pulled, and the drinks are poured. Enjoy the peace while you have it.

    • A good therapist is invaluable. Thanks, CT!

    • A little optimism is o.k. 2008 is going to be THE YEAR.

    Tell all your single friends, 365 more days of potential EVERYTHING await!

    XO, JamieSmitten

    5 comments:

    Crankster said...

    Thank you for brightening my 2007!

    (and, of course, for getting a good start on 2008!)

    Rebecca Hickman said...

    Happy New Year! Your blog is great.

    wombat said...

    amen to the vet bills, sleep, writing and blushes. but what does tim gunn mean by "make it work?"

    happy 2008!!

    Anonymous said...

    In lieu of seeing your shiny, happy face every day, I read your blogging and enjoy it. Adrian says (and I have a mind to agree) that it's some of the best writing out here in the interwebs.

    Tim Gunn is an awesome man.

    ahamos said...

    Curse you, Amanda, for revealing my secrets!

    Yes, it's true: I love reading your posts, and your style is so perfectly cohesive that I get depressed trying to write my own entries.

    You raised the bar way too high, Jamiesmitten, making the rest of us look like knuckle-draggers.

    Alastair sends fist-clenched smiles.