Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mallory Tells It Like It Is

I can't believe I forgot to mention the funny story about my new boots. After wandering around downtown Portland, drinking Happy Hour Margaritas, and eating gnocchi with truffles(!), it suddenly came to my attention that there was something in my right boot. Besides my foot and sock, you cheeky people.


I took advantage of a "which way should we go now?" conversation (the first of many on this trip), to perform a sophisticated one-legged stork maneuver and unlace said slightly uncomfortable right boot. Still balancing ever so gracefully, if not steadily, I pulled the boot off and tipped it over to deposit in my hand A METAL DR. MARTENS TAG AND CHAIN.


*pictured next to a pen for size comparison. Yes, I clearly should have felt it before walking on it for 5 hours.


My high school boyfriend (who wore 20 eye Docs) would have said:


OI!


Mallory said:


"Guess you aren't a princess."


True dat.


Tell all your single friends, my Grammy said it before and I'll say it again, No Sense, No Feeling!!



XO, JamieSmitten

No comments: