Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Things I Adore, Things I Abhor


Two steps forward, one step back. Why is that? Is there ever a run of good luck? I'm not asking for much, just a series of happy things in a row with a little less of the 'not too much of a good thing' spoilsport universe tipping the scale. Maybe I just need to concentrate.

Five Things I Adore:


  • Friends getting jobs! Hooray for Wombat and Margaret! Hooray for Jodi's restaurant being open again!

  • My mortgage going down $16 per month for the next year!

  • Oh Jamie! bars. Cooling in the fridge right now for lucky, lucky co-workers

  • Long walks with DFF! So much nicer to have someone answer me during walks with Boom.

  • State of Play -- a British miniseries that was highly enjoyable. British actors look like real people and the story was excellent.

Five Things I Abhor:



  • Cancer. Mean nasty mutant cells, prepare to be vanquished.

  • $425 for one HALF tank of heating oil. Bring a sweater if you visit.

  • Political commercials. Is there anybody left who hasn't picked a side? Seriously?

  • Friends who move to the middle of the country. Sniff. Tulsa was not on my must see list - until now.

  • Breaking mirrors. Surely, there can't be seven more years of bad luck ahead?

Tell all your single friends, traveling from realist to optimist is not an easy journey.



XO, JamieSmitten

3 comments:

wombat said...

well i sure hope margaret's job is better than mine.

March2theSea said...

i am not sure who to vote for either..sorry..its one of those who is going to be WORSE..its awful.

Anonymous said...

I love walking with you and Boom too - walking in the Fan, looking at the pretty trees, seeing 'Obama/Biden' signs (totally beats the West End's,
'Another family for John McCain' signs :) Really?!