Monday, March 30, 2009

My Small Contribution

My tissue-typing kit arrived today. I rubbed four swabs on four sections of my inner cheeks (swallow first!) and stuck them in a foam holder. One bio hazard label later and my results are ready for the post office.

In about six weeks, my marrow particulars will be added to the National Marrow Donor Program® Registry.

Hopefully, I will have the opportunity to save somebody as special as Amanda.

Tell all your single friends, find out more at www.marrow.org


XO, JamieSmitten

2 comments:

wombat said...

swabbing? i had to give blood! yack!

Scott from Oregon said...

That's pretty gosh darn coolllllll...

I was a jaundiced infant so my blood reads as if I had had Hepatitus in their tests, which means they won't accept my blood donation, which is a bummer because I can give a pint a lot easier than others since I've got lots of them.

I wonder if bone marrow test would reject me too?