Thursday, February 21, 2008

How We Logophiles Roll



Back in November, I posted about a new online addiction and the need to enunciate when staying "stithy." http://www.freerice.com/ has become even more popular in the past three months. New features (pronunciation!), new words, and more importantly, higher levels have conspired to keep me playing regularly. I admit it -- I keep a FreeRice window open at all times.


I'm at level 52 now with regular descents back to the 45 range as I stumble yet again. I've learned lots of new words:

rodomontade = bluster

anchorite = hermit

nide = nest

I will admit that many of them do not easily fit into daily conversation, but I just know they will come in handy some day.

So if I ask you to come enjoy a dip in a cenote, better bring your passport along with your snorkel.




Tell all your single friends, sometimes you just need another word for the watery sinkholes found in Mexico!!



XO, JamieSmitten

1 comment:

ahamos said...

Personally, I prefer swimming in tarns.