Thursday, November 15, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me (and to you!)


Well THAT year crawled by painfully -- here's to 41!! Raise a glass tonight -- and we'll all be drinking together.

I'll be at home this evening with a recuperating Boom. He had surgery on his second aural hematoma this morning. Not the best way for a highly attached dog and his mum to spend the day. Pre-surgery picture below -- poor boy's ear was swollen up to empanadilla size by end of vacation.



Once you finish your birthday toast to me, head on over to http://www.freerice.com/ and show off your logophile tendencies for a good cause. According to the article I read, very few people make it past level 48 (of 50). I have made it to 48 and will make it to 50 if it takes all year. Caution: If you get to the word "stithy" and decide to ask for help, be sure to enunciate. My mum's answer of "well dear, that's a hard on" was well intentioned, but off the mark.

Today (and every day), Cracker says it best:

I'm feeling thankful
for the small things, today
I'm feeling thankful
for the small things, today
Happy, Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday to me
and to you



Tell All Your Single Friends, JamieSmitten is older, if not necessarily wiser!



XO, JamieSmitten

4 comments:

Rebecca Hickman said...

Happy Birthday, and welcome to Club 41. I hope Boom feels better.

wombat said...

happy birthday to you!
xxoo

Anonymous said...

happy happy happy happy

Why did I think you have a December birthday?

happy happy happy happy happy

Clan Amos now owes you two Mom's dinners. Both with Alastair goodness.

Crankster said...

Happy birthday!

And I'm sorry about your boy's ear!