Friday, March 21, 2008

It's a Lost Art

I learned last year that valet parking at MCV is a crap shoot. Some days the cars flow quickly around the semi-circle and uniformed personnel actually jog to the parking deck to retrieve your car. On bad days, you can sit for a good ten minutes just waiting to pull INTO the semi-circle because cars are just parked haphazardly all over the place while uniformed personnel take breaks. But over the nine months I used the valet parking service regularly, there was only one day that were were delayed because the attendant who could drive a stick shift was on break.

Today? 20 minute wait while an attendant who can drive a stick shift is located. As the key handler informed me apologetically, "sticks are in a meeting right now." Seriously? I hope they were being given raises for actually being able to do their job 100% of the time, because their unskilled peers were dropping the ball.

Doesn't it seem reasonable that applicants for valet positions should be able to drive all cars? Or is it just me?


Tell all your single friends, I prefer a manual transmission and the world can just get over it.




XO, JamieSmitten

2 comments:

ahamos said...

Can I valet park your car?

wombat said...

i tell you, it's no child left behind. no non-skilled driver left unhired. just like my favorite restaurant kids who need the calculator to make change for $6.48from $7 cash.