Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Requiescat In Pace

My father died on Friday, February 29, at 4:35 p.m. I was there when he took his last violent breaths. We were both ready for his body to give up the struggle. He spoke to me for the last time a few days before and had said several times that he wanted to die, he just needed to know how.


My sister thinks he waited until February 29th to die so the anniversary of his death would only happen every four years.


My father and I didn't always see eye to eye, but I loved him. He loved me too, in his way.

Goodbye, one-legged Dad.

3 comments:

wombat said...

i'm glad you were there for him.

xxoo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
Wow! That is a beautiful goodbye. I'm also glad that you were there with him. From what I've seen in my dad's time as a minister (25 years), that makes a big difference.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you & your family.

Scott from Oregon said...

I am sorry you lost your father. Being there will always make a difference for you down the line...