Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It Is Official

[Note to those who don't live in Richmond -- it is Spring Break for all the local schools this week]



I don't think I've mentioned THE HAIRCUT here, so applaud me for suffering in silence. It has been about 5 weeks since the long shag with bangs was requested
























and the misshapen 70s tennis star was received.


(Nothing against Ms. King who was working it back in the day)

But like I said -- minimal whining. I spent a small fortune on product to tame the mess and shouldered on. Hair grows back -- NBD.

But today was truly the last straw.

I work for the man in a large multi-building "campus" with several cafeterias. I met a friend for lunch (Hooray for Stephano -- still willing to be seen with me in public!!) in one of the cafeterias I don't go to frequently. Maybe 3 times a month. Point being, I'm not a regular there.

I am however a pleasant sort of gal, so when I got to the front of the line with my overpriced and underwarmed slice of spinach quiche (OMG -- 70s hair is making me eat 70s food!!), I said, "Happy Wednesday" to the checkout lady.

She looked over at me, gave me a big smile and said, "I didn't expect to see you here this week. I thought you'd be home with the kids!"

It is official. I've left 70s tennis star and proceeded directly to soccer mom.

Shoot.Me.Now.

Tell all your single friends, I am NOT wearing mom jeans to match my hair.

XO, JamieSmitten

2 comments:

wombat said...

when's the minivan arriving?

Aimless is More said...

This is now officially my favorite blog ever.