Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Despite my persistent birthday curse (No sex on 11/15 for Smitten! Ever!), I had a very nice day.

Day 3 without Jason started out with an early (ahem) birthday text from JodiO that intimated that I resembled a monkey and possibly smelled like one too. I love old friends -- and she hasn't even SEEN my crappy new hairstyle/color! The boys and I slept in and then had breakfast while we waited for clean clothes from the dryer. I'm not sure if Apple Jacks and cafe con leche are the traditional breakfast for the 43rd birthday, but what the heck, I've never done this before.

Then my Jason called and promised he would never be away from me for my birthday again. Ever. If anyone can break the birthday curse, it is my Jason.

A looonnnng walk in the sun to the post office was made ever more eventful by mountains of dog poo (canine presents, every one!) and lots of phone calls from dear friends and family. I kept the ringer on high because I have some excellent ring tones assigned to all of you. I always get attention when O Canada begins to emanate from my pocket. I highly recommend it.

Several more texts and phone calls later, I had managed to run some errands and have a birthday Krispy Kreme. Classic birthday lunch. Then DFF arrived for a walk with the boys and a nice long chat. After stretching everyone's legs, Anne and I headed to Lowe's for my most awesome birthday present. No more grilling in the dark when my Jason gets home thanks to this:

Then it was off to Tarrant's for a way too tasty/way too filling/sooooo yummy dinner. Pan fried Sea Bass (again, I invoked birthday immunity from calories) with shrimp in tomato vodka lobster cream sauce. Oh yes, I did. Followed up by New York (is there any other kind?) cheesecake with blueberries. Oh my, the food coma was swift. DFF has spoiled me again.

And then, when I was already feeling thankful for the small things today, the phone rang and my Jason called to tell me he loved me and missed me. Fork in me, done.


Tell all your single friends, life is good and great is just around the corner (COME HOME SOON!),



XO, JamieSmitten

1 comment: