Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day! Vote you lazy bastards!


I was voter 316 at my polling place, about 250 later than last year's election day at the same time. You absolutely can't beat the drama at a polling place. Will that child ever stop screaming? Will I boil to death because the heat is turned up high but taking off my coat seems silly when the line should be moving quickly? What will happen if that woman refuses to move behind the green tape line on the floor and wait her turn? Will the young professional miss his meeting (we ALL know about the meeting, as he has been muttering about it for 10 minutes)? And the biggie:

Will Virginians be smart enough to REJECT ballot question 1?

In unrelated news, I received this email from pseudo manager who dislikes my tone (see previous post "Don't use that tone with me, Missy!"):

"S and I are in agreement that you've done a kick-a** job since you've come here and can really be a key resource for the department in 2007. We briefly touched on your opportunity areas, but agree that it has not been an issue here in the (Acronym) Department (just something to watch for). You've done a great job during your time here so far."

Are you F-ing kidding me? Seriously? You ripped me a new one on Friday and after some reflection and a talk with my real manager, you "agree" that my communication style has not been an issue here? You are SO not on my Christmas card list. Ever.

Note to Self: Fabricate super resume ASAP and GET OUT!

1 comment:

Crankster said...

Bipolar managers. What a delight. It's nice to know that someone with power over your life is unhinged.

Hey, at least it looks like Webb's going to get elected.