Monday, November 20, 2006

It Wasn't the Plague

...but it sure felt like it!

If you are about to turn 40, I highly recommend getting sick at the same time. No time to ponder what you didn't accomplish up until this particular point in life when your sole focus is finding more kleenex in the cupboard so your poor, red nose won't be further traumatized by paper towel. So, I didn't get to drink a toast, but I did get to watch all the stuff on my TIVO. Fortunately, the birthday party isn't until 12/2, so I have time to fully recuperate.

So while I was lying moribund on the couch with my faithful Boom in attendance, I remembered a Kids in the Hall skit that always made me laugh. I don't know why I chose this weekend to remember it, but so it goes. And since the internet contains all information, I was able to find a transcript and post it
here for your amusement. I think it is just as funny to read, but maybe that is because I can still picture Mark McKinney orating. Season 1 Kids in the Hall, in case you feel the need to Netflix.

p.s. to faithful readers: No, I didn't get the flu shot because I was already sick by the time the shots were offered. Don't tell me about coincidence, I know a warning when I see one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't remember that skit! and i don't have netflix and i can't afford the $300 complete kids box set! DAMMIT!!

but i'm glad you're better now!

Crankster said...

Airborne, post haste. I know that it tastes like crap, but if you need it, you won't taste it. And if you taste it, you don't need it anymore!

JamieSmitten said...

Wombat: KITH still plays on Comedy Central -- use your TIVO!

Crankster: Incredibly, I was already taking Airborne twice a day BEFORE I got sick. I love the new nighttime one. I adore fizzy medicine for some reason. Plus, Boom likes to pretend the bubbles are going to get him!