Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I'd like to thank the academy.....

I may have mentioned before that Crankster is my Brother from Another Mother. He grew up in No Va, he has strong feelings about Q-Tips, he knows and likes Richard Brautigan, for heck's sake. He's just all that and a mug of Nescafe Cafe con Leche (ask him, I drink the real thing).

So, in addition to brightening my every day (thank you NaBloPoMo), he bestows awards! In fact, he's downright gift-y this season. Here are the three awards he has bestowed upon yours truly:



Crankster said: "I nominate the following (alphabetically organized)
five bloggers for the "Thinking Blogger Award," and thank them deeply for giving
me another viewpoint: Jamiesmitten, of Tell All Your Single Friends, tends toward
the sort of random, playful thoughtfulness that so often leads to great ideas
and sparks of genius."

I own random and playful and I strive mightily for sparks of genius. I appreciate the vote of confidence.




Crankster said: "When I was coming up with Jamiesmitten's pajamas, I
cheated a little: I looked at the Halloween pictures on her blog. Her
pajamas are relaxed, playful, and come with a pair of ears."


Again with the playful. Clearly, Crankster has spies in Richmond. And for the record, if I wore pajamas, I would definitely be rocking the ears -- just like Josie and the Pussycats (cartoon version, please, not that movie).



Crankster said: "As I may have pointed out once or
twice, Jamiesmitten is a little random, a little silly, and a lot incisive.
Somewhere in this apparent contradiction, she stakes out a very brave and very
feminine space."


Random, oh so random. And brave is my hope. I think I got feminine for the blue toenails.




So it is with gratitude and sibling affection, that I post my awards over on the side bar. I'm definitely planning on regifting soon. After I spend some time thinking about all of YOU in pajamas.




Tell All Your Single Friends, blog awards are what the cool kids are giving.




XO, JamieSmitten

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so popular.

I bet at lunch you sit with all the cool kids.

JamieSmitten said...

Manda:

Did you forget where I lunch most days? Not exactly overdosing on cool kids at the creek...

Rebecca Hickman said...

Congratulations! Have a wonderful holiday.

wombat said...

it's no surprise to US that you are rockin, thinkin, and inspiring! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Crankster said...

I proudly stand behind all my choices--thanks for putting them up!