Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Working For The Man Can Be Painful

I am not long for the corporate world. I can't survive in an atmosphere that generates these thoughts. These are actual sentences received via email. At a bank. Where there are "principle" associates (strangely lacking in moral fiber).


We are extremely conscious of not wanting tool proliferation.

-- from an email comparing the merits of three different software packages. Try to keep a straight face while reading that. I couldn't. I also couldn't stop from saying out loud, "too late." Because my office is nothing if not full of tools. (Not you, Becky, Connie, and Stephano!)


Please let me know in case of any questions, again this is really important b'coz it will help us arrive at a proper budget estimate.


-- from an email requesting assistance in defining project scope. The italics were the sender's idea of cool. Just in case his teen-a-licious spelling of 'because' didn't make that point. I swear I had a mini heart attack when I read it. Seriously.


Tell ALL your friends, good grammar isn't negotiable.



XO, JamieSmitten

4 comments:

ahamos said...

Y U R H8n on teh man?

wombat said...

what is ya'll extension? what is ya'll extension??

these rocket scientists are EVERYWHERE, apparently.

Anonymous said...

I CAN HAZ MORONS. LOL.

JamieSmitten said...

You people slay me.