Thursday, August 28, 2008

I've Fallen....and I'm on Crutches!

Damn fate tempting. I ought to know better.

I have an astrology book that has profiles for each day of the year. It lists characteristics, tendencies, and recommendations, strengths, weaknesses. Sometimes the book is not even close -- like the November 27 description which captures neither my brother-in-law or my ex Ron. My day is scarily accurate and it lists my two weaknesses: Volatile and Accident-prone.

I took that damn book into work so we could look people up and consider the descriptions. Of course I bragged that most days have THREE weaknesses and I only have two. Clearly, the universe decided to remind me about hubris.

I fell at work and landed squarely on my right kneecap. Instantaneous swelling and some wicked nausea ensued. Nothing is broken according to the x-rays, but I was told to stay off it for a week and keep it wrapped in an ace bandage.

So, my long weekend is turning out to be pretty damn dull. On the plus side, I'm nearly caught up on back issues of Vanity Fair!

Tell all your single friends, rubber soles are not foolproof.


XO, JamieSmitten

5 comments:

Aimless is More said...

Oh noes! And how do you walk the Boom?

March2theSea said...

ouch...catch up on the netflix rentals too!

Aimless is More said...

To be fair though, how fortunate that this coincides with the start of the Fall television season. Well played, Shewan. Well played.

Valerie said...

So sorry to hear about your fall!

Don't forget the workman's comp! A coworker of mine fell in the parking lot at work and got a nice sum. Not enough to go out and hurt yourself on purpose, but enough to bother filling out the paperwork.

What happens with KYA? And when will you be back on your feet?

Rebecca Hickman said...

Oh no1 Get better soon.