Thursday, August 14, 2008

This Is What You Missed

  • My toenails are PINK. This is pretty rare, as regular readers can attest. Blue is the preferred color. But heck, it is summer, and when you have a bottle of nail polish named The Lifeguard Makes Me Blush......
  • During a 2 hour "Managing Your Career" class at work, I was informed that it was unsurprising that I haven't found a career. Being an ENFP and all. Great. I thought it was just poor choices on my part (cinema draft house waitress, optometric assistant, document processor, legal admin, blackjack dealer, corporate cog). Nope, I'm doomed to want to help people but get bored quickly once that is done.

  • I have procured books by both my crushes: Craig Ferguson's Between the Bridge and the River and Hugh Laurie's The Gun Seller but have not had time to read either. All this working out and such.

  • Speaking of working out, I slept through Monday's boot camp. Slept through 1 alarm that repeated every 5 minutes FIVE times. Yes, I was tired, but I had my workout clothes ready and everything. On the plus side, I did the workout at home Monday night. Not quite as intense, but better than nothing.

  • Online dating continues to be as frustrating as before. On GreenSingles.com (for us environmentally friendly types), I sent a free "Smile" to someone. Standard verbiage saying I read their profile and was interested. Care to know what I got in reply?


Thanks for sending a smile. I am disgusted with the
corporate media and the corporate warmongering candidates. I voted for Rep
Kucinich in the Illinois Primary and will vote for Nader in the Fall election. I
am sick of CNN giving me another corporate fascist to vote for. I am not even a
Democrat anymore. They left me. I am a Green Party member now. If the Democrats cannot even mention poverty or the term "working class" anymore in their party platform, they may as well join the Republicans and make sure the rich do not starve!!Morons say I will be throwing my vote away. I say, I will not have blood on my hands when Obama or McCain attack Iran, Afghanistan, or Pakistan. I am sick of my country being a rogue nation. As far as I can see, this country is the only nation to use nuclear weapons and is still using them!! Depleted Uranium is still radioactive...hello! I have watched Bush terrorize the world and I am sick of it. I am ready to go to a civilized country if McCain is
elected or selected. Obama is no better really. He is wanting to subsidize
insurance companies and bomb Afghanistan and Pakistan. Screw the morons here. I will not waste my breath on idiots anymore. Americans are too lazy to read and 49% are too lazy to let the candidates know that they are watching by voting. If only every eligible voter would vote, the candidates would have to think that people are paying attention. I realize that the Constitution has made it very easy for working people to vote by making Tuesday Election Day. But, people need to get off their ass and vote before they find a national ID chip implanted in their bodies. The fence around this country will not be for keeping illegals out as much as for keeping the morons in!! Do you understand me? Are you as disgusted as me? Did you enjoy Obama voting to eliminate the 4th Ammendment as much as I did? He is a good little fascist for sure. I am glad that the government can open my mail and intercept my overseas mressages. Do you understand that the government will know if you ask another person overseas to help you escape this totalitarian police state? Naive morons think that they are looking for the terroristsss with this FISA law. Dream on... Why are Americans so lazy and pathetically stupid? Please enlighten me if you
can.Sincerely,B---- PS I am a good person and would like to correspond with you. I like your style "smitten" and think you pay attention. I do not Yahoo! since they give email info to the Chinese government and cause many Chinese people to be beaten, tortured, and jailed. I have a Windows Live Mesenger ID(XXXXXX) and I would like to chat with you sometime if you are interested.

Thank goodness he doesn't know where I live. Yikes!

  • In pouring the watery stuff off my only-used-once sour cream, I accidentally dumped the contents of the container into the sink drain. Yes, I scooped the top part off and ate it. Shoot me.

  • I went to the beach and swam and only stepped on one crab and he didn't pinch me.

  • I learned that buying a fancy new vacuum cleaner will not make me vacuum more often. I must say that the new Dyson DC-25 looks way better in the corner of the dining room than the Dirt Devil did.

  • Mr. Tivo failed me for the first time ever. He missed a channel change and neglected to tape Project Runway. We had words and a restart and the relationship is back on track. Thank goodness -- he's all I've got (read above re internet dating psychos).


  • I have plans this weekend! Hair appointment with new hairdresser. Baby shower at Can Can. Sloth Loves Chunk within walking distance, although I shall drive to avoid a repeat of "the night which can't be remembered but ruined a pair of shoes." Legend on Sunday to catch another excellent band, Blue Line Highway. Not my usual fare, but I happen to know the guitar player and he is most excellent. Besides, he was DFF's prom date. Did I mention Richmond is a small, small, town?

  • All vegetable plants are dead. No pattypan squash or eggplant fresh from the garden for me. For free anyway. And there was so much promise.....



  • I didn't like Dark Knight. I thought it was booooorrrriiiinnnngggg, although amusing to count the number of people who didn't pace themselves with their jumbo drinks and had to run out to the bathroom midway through the movie. Yes, Heath was awesome, but one character does not a movie make. And don't get me started on the gratuitous violence against dogs. It was that crap movie Signs all over again. Hmmm. Those were both movies paid for by my employer as a "fun event." Starting to see a pattern.

  • Speaking of work, my manager has just begun a two week vacation. As a green citizen, I feel it is incumbent upon me to limit my fuel consumption and work from home. Long lunch, anyone?

Tell all your single friends, paint it, read it, watch it, clean it, do it (whatever it is).



XO, JamieSmitten


9 comments:

Aimless is More said...

But... now your toes don't match your car. Noooooo!!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing out loud in an office by myself. Seriously, you are one of the funniest people I have ever had the priviledge of knowing their thoughts. The online dating message was too funny. Run away - run far far away.
I'm with you on the sour cream. Why is it that I never have need to completely use even the smallest container?

Have a great weekend!

March2theSea said...

that dating site sounds odd. Its cool you "smiled' but for someone to come back with all that??! Imagine eating lunch w/said person. That was way over the top.

I have yet to see the Dark Knight as well. Expectations are SO high for it but like you said part of me wants to see if its really all that...

Regarding a long lunch..sure I'll join you..what time and where?

Anonymous said...

What is with you finding the weirdos? That guy was a total secret squirrel. It would be pretty funny to have lunch with him and crush his little heart by telling him that the government doesn't give a rats ass about spying on him.

Dyson kicks ass.

And The Dark Knight is very much a comic book movie. I can see how if you aren't a huge fan of that medium, it wouldn't make for a compelling cinematic experience.

JamieSmitten said...

AimMore: It does feel strange. I'm reverting back shortly.

Ev: Thankfully Bunch-o-Nuts lives in Illinois, so unlikely he will venture off the no doubt heavily fortified compound to find me. And sour cream is a food group in my book.

March: That would have to be a long lunch, you being in the land of the Dropkick Murphys and all. I'll see what I can arrange.

Manda: Seriously! I found the guy that made the Giraffe look like a catch. Who would have thunk. And yes, the "Ball Technology" and "Quick Draw Telescopic Reach Wand" are quite marvelous!

Valerie said...

Was I there "the night which can't be remembered but ruined a pair of shoes"? I know we saw Sloth Loves Chunk, and I know much preventative water drinking was done afterwards. . . but I think I would remember ruined shoes. . . How many times HAVE you seen Sloth Loves Chunk?

Your feet (and shoes) have the worst luck!! Except of course when it comes to toe color. Love the pink, but I hardly recognize you!

wombat said...

what do you mean, you were a cinema and draft house waitress?

JamieSmitten said...

ValerieGirl: No shoes were ruined the night WE saw SLC -- because you made me take a cab home and hydrate. This was another, unsupervised evening....

Wombat: You don't remember my stint as a waitress at the Metro Twin Cinema and Drafthouse in Melbourne, Florida? You never questioned why I know EVERY WORD of the movie Cocktail (it played for a month)?

Anonymous said...

Ooh, pink! That's strangely cute. (And I did read the whole post, but that's my comment)