Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Shuffleathon 2007


There is a price to pay for wandering aimlessly around the blogsphere: a mix tape. For you kids out there, a compilation cd. I stumbled across Shuffleathon 2007 here and on a whim, signed up! (Technically, I convinced Wombat to sign up and then she forced me to follow suit.) But here I am, I've received my recipient's information (can't tell you details, SwissToni frowns upon that sort of thing), and I've already created and rejected 3 lists.

I've also realized that I can't find half the songs I know are in my laptop as they are on my Zen and couldn't have made that voyage immaculately. So, while I spend time at work building the *perfect* playlist of 12 songs, I'm dreading the thought of having to go home, get all those cds, and load them into a new, clearly labeled folder.

Plus I've already ordered one cd and will probably have to buy a few more to enable my vision. Not what I should be doing in light of the lost cash fiasco. Sigh.

However -- I CAN'T WAIT to receive my cd in the mail. It will be just like Christmas!

2 comments:

wombat said...

i could be wrong* but i think you need to copy the cds, you can't use previously ripped mp3 files like i assume your zen would have. so you'll have to begin a cd treasure hunt anyway!

rock on.

*but i don't think i am!

swisslet said...

it's good to have you on board, and I'm not really that strict, I just think it's nice to be surprised. There's something nice about not knowing where your CD is coming from.

You're not limited to 12 tracks incidentally... unless you want to be.

Me, I've thought of 2 songs to put on my CD. Hmm. I think I need to pull my finger out.

I think it's the reviews I like best.....

ST