Friday, July 25, 2008

Synchronicity

No, not the Police album. (But while I digress, I prefer Outlandos D'Amour. Next to You is the definitive Police song in my book.)

While I was halfheartedly taking a "career initiative assessment" at work and listening to Operator's Manual, a best of Buzzcocks compilation, the following song came on:


I Don't Know What to Do with My Life



Should I give it up and make a new start

I don't know what to do with my life

'Cos the one I've got just tears me apart

I can't wake up in the morning

And I can't get to sleep at night

I'm not expecting things to be perfect

But a high success rate would be nice



I don't know what to do with my life



I don't know what's gone wrong with my life

But you know I never do seem to win

Whenever I think I've straightened it out

It becomes a vicious circle again

I can't love when anyone loves me

And I can't find the someone to love

But then I start to count my blessings

And I feel I'm getting more than enough of love



I don't know what to do with my life


Repeat as needed to remind yourself that you are not alone. And that you still have decisions to make.


Tell all your single friends, music is life.


XO, JamieSmitten

3 comments:

wombat said...

the music in MY head is the new offspring:

Now I don’t know, and it’s hard to explain
But it seems like things are just kind of insane
Because the world is crying
But nobody’s listening
So please leave a message on my cell phone

I don’t know much
I don’t know too much
But I know this
Shit is fucked up!

March2theSea said...

i love the Buzzco's track "Why can't I touch it" its freaking ACES.

JamieSmitten said...

Wombat: Love the Offspring and completely agree

March-ie: That's a good Buzzcocks song -- but my favorite is I Believe. (I believe in perpetual motion, I believe in perfect devotion, yes I believe)