Friday, July 04, 2008

Things I Adore, Things I Abhor

5 Things I Adore:
  • Holidays! Happy 4th!
  • What Not To Wear marathon on TLC. An "ex-exotic dancer" who wears a purple raccoon tail with a bell! A man wearing pleated tapered pants and declaring them to be 'aubergine' color!
  • Finally getting the right combination of hair products to combat summer humidity.
  • Having a half dozen unread books beckoning me from the bookshelf.
  • My diamante star earrings. Dare I say, the iconic Smitten look?

5 Things I Abhor:

  • Not being able to go swimming today. Actually, that goes for most days.
  • Damn TLC marathons. Because of you, Freedom from Clutter 2008 (basement spring cleaning) was only partly successful.
  • Achieving the right combination of hair products to combat summer humidity using DISCONTINUED hair products.
  • Having a half dozen unread books beckoning me from the bookshelf, but not being able to read all day.
  • LOSING one of my diamante star earrings. Both earrings were on the kitchen counter, but now there is only one. It isn't in the garbage and it isn't in the recycling and it isn't under the fridge. Either a dog ate it or it walked off. Either way, color me bereft.*

Tell all your single friends, fireworks are very alarming to dogs, so don't set off your own, especially on my street. Go see the professional display. You'll probably just burn yourself anyway.

XO, JamieSmitten

* Hurrah! Missing earring has been located -- attached to a dog leash. Because the dog leash was on the kitchen counter where I placed it after I washed Puck's head after our walk. Why did I wash Puck's head after our walk? Because Boom peed on it. Total golden shower on a public thoroughfare. Puck shook it off and soldiered on for the rest of the walk, something I'm sure his brother Buddy wouldn't have been able to manage. Now Puck smells like raspberries and all is well. Except Boom hasn't apologized. We aren't holding our breath.

4 comments:

wombat said...

after breaking into my brother's backyard and swimming in his new pool (which hopefully has a strong filter to get all the dog hair out! whooops!), i have decided that a pool is a must. so i'm right there with you.

happy 4th!

Aimless is More said...

Oh, sweet Puck...

Anonymous said...

Jamie, I love reading your posts! I've been out of my blogging circle for a couple of weeks and oh how I have missed it.
You post about friends really touched me. And the quote about sanity made me feel sane after looking at a couple of my friends.
Poor Puck and Bad Boom, but too funny to read. I laughed outloud and then had to share with the custodian emptying my trash.

Thanks for being a bright spot in an otherwise bad day.

Anonymous said...

I saw that very same ex-stripper "What NOt to Wear" episode! All I wanted them to do was take a good firm hold of that gal's love handles and tummy hanging so conspicuously from her choice of too tight, low-rider jeans and tell her "Honey, you ain't doing nobody any favors here."

Why is it so many girls think tight, revealing clothing are "sexy" for every single body type? Sometimes the chub needs to be reigned in in for best possible results.