Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Two For Two!

Boom and I were taking our evening walk, proud of ourselves for overcoming a sore knee and a sore everything, respectively, when it happened.

With a tickle in my throat, I raised my non-leash hand to cover my mouth politely as I opened my mouth to cough. And darn if ANOTHER bug didn't fly around my hand to the promise of certain death under my uvula! Smaller than the first, I barely saw his zig zag approach. Nevertheless he gave it his all by wedging his corpse firmly in the back of my throat.

Five blocks from home. On a public thoroughfare. No water bottle.

The third bug is coming tomorrow. I know it. Likely at 5:40 a.m. under cover of darkness as I sprint stagger across the field in pursuit of good health.


Tell all your single friends (and the doctor when the malaria renders me delusional), Smitten swallowed bugs!


XO, JamieSmitten

No comments: