Monday, September 10, 2007

Boom Scores!

So, I already know the Boom is the best dog in the world with many talents. But last night he really earned his frosty paws!

So Boom is a pretty mellow dog -- honest -- don't confuse barking with actual activity. However, like many dogs, he occasionally has what I call a "puppy freak out." For no discernible (to me) reason, he grabs one of his many toys or more often, the tail end of a rawhide, and starts flinging it about the living room with abandon.

We play this game for awhile -- grab the rawhide and toss it into the dining room. I try to aim under the dining room table as that forces Boom to use his cognitive skills to determine how to get between the chairs to retrieve the bone. This activity is loud and causes all manner of distress to the wood floor. But that's a small price to participate in a puppy freak out, right?

Invariably during the puppy freak out, the bone is flung under the couch. Boom can't reach the bone, so he puts his head under the couch (the rest of him doesn't fit) and whines steadily until someone gets up and moves the couch to get the bone.

When I moved the couch yesterday, there was something else lying next to the bone. Those of you who have been to my house are thinking giant hairball and I won't lie, that was there too. But lying in dusty splendor next to Boom's bone was......
.
.
.
.
.
MY LOST EARRING! Eureka! Sure, you could say that was a lucky bone fling, but I know better. Or, you could just say lucky bone fling because that sounds way more exciting than finding an earring. But that's another post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at you all blogging like crazy. It's official; I'm linking to you on my blog.

Blogging's a great time killer in Corporate Hell. I look back at all the posts I wrote whilst supposedly working and laugh. Especially the ones about BoBo.

Was in your neighborhood Thursday night for the monthly Fashion First thingee. Chris and Evelyn talked me into buying a ridiculously expensive dress at Jet Set. But it does bring the hotness.

Must have lunch. Soon. Will send e-mail. Soon.