Friday, September 21, 2007

Things I Adore, Things I Abhor

[Yet another entry into an occasional series. Read how it has gone before here and here. Yes, I could just start using labels, but isn't that where trouble begins? With people using labels?]

5 Things I Adore Today:
  • Co-workers who share their i-pods (Surprisingly interesting collection, for a republican. Oh, excuse me, a libertarian)
  • Having tickets to an actual live music show (Dropkick Murphys! Tickets still available because this is Richmond)
  • Free Hugs! (O.K., so it was some college age Pentecostals handing out website cards, but it was still fun to hug a stranger. Just like the old days.......)
  • Pirate hats from Long John Silver (We wore them during a meeting. Who says people working for the Man don't know how to have fun? Me, that's who.)
  • Fuji Apples (It was big and juicy. Unlike my love life.)

5 Things I Abhor Today:

  • Yellow road stripe paint (Seriously, that stuff is now a permanent part of my car. They really ought to warn a girl.)
  • Limping (Boom is still getting up too slowly, although he isn't acting like he is sore. Sigh.)
  • Utter lack of ambition (In my next life, I will undoubtedly rule the world because in this life, I'm getting nowhere.)
  • My new jeans (They didn't feel like mommy jeans in the store, but I'm starting to get suspicious.....)
  • ..........

Well, I guess Adore wins for today since I could only come up with 4 Abhor. Although that is probably due to my above-referenced utter lack of ambition. See how that shit gets you? And I'm still upset about the limping.

Tell all your veterinarian single friends.

XO, JamieSmitten

No comments: