Tuesday, September 04, 2007

You Won eBay Item.....

I'm new to eBay. So new, I haven't even earned my first star. But I'm well on my way.

It all started with a commercial. Yep -- a happy, speedy song from an i-tunes commercial. I liked what I heard, I looked it up online, and quickly purchased my import copy of the Fratellis debut album. Sure, I could have waited a month for the U.S. release, but time's a-wasting when there is good music to be had.

So, I have my new cd and I play it constantly. Constant rotation in the car and on the Zen Micro (sorry, i-tunes, you didn't get my download or mp3 dollar). I'm in love. I even sign up for the newsletter. I'm a go the whole way kind of gal. Which is how I find out about the Fratellis playing Virgin Festival.

Hmmmmm. $100 for the day, 4 hours away, no viable companions to make the pilgrimage with me. Obstacle? Not even. I send an email, make a call, and lo and behold, I'm sitting online at 9:59 a.m. on a Saturday waiting to buy 3 single day tickets. The Police were playing as well, so my impassioned plea to see the BEST BAND EVER was happily misconstrued.

So, Virgin Festival was hot and hot if you know what I mean, but that's another blog. I loved, loved, loved the Fratellis' set. My joy being tempered only by the cancellation of their signing session and the dearth of t-shirts. How can I convert the masses if I can't emblazon FRATELLIS across my boobs?

So, I check eBay. Why not? Millions do it. My friend Wombat does it regularly. I can do it. A simple search and voila! No t-shirts but a cover song on the Hot Fuzz soundtrack! I bid. I'm a bidder. I can't look away or I WILL LOSE. Besides, I was at work and bored. Long blog short, I won the cd, liked a song on that cd, searched eBay for more from the same artist, ended up buying a 70s glam compilation, which led to the Breakfast from Pluto dvd, which reminded me that I only have the original, true Hairspray on vhs and should really get the dvd, and so on.

The good news is that it is a lot less expensive than buying all these items new. The bad news is that I really don't need any of it. But like I said, I'm a go the whole way kind of gal.

Tell your single friends.

XO, JamieSmitten

No comments: