Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I Want to Live in Ulyanovsk!

Richmond is a not an exciting city. It has its charms, but thrills are not included. Sort of the anti-Las Vegas. I can state that with authority, having lived in both places.

But today, September 12, hands down the place to be for sheer enjoyment was Ulyanovsk, Russia. Don't believe me? Read here.

The governor of Ulyanovsk told couples to stay home and make love. Yep -- government mandated hump day. Don't even bother to call the boss with a lame excuse, because he's at home getting busy too.

Have a headache, think you won't participate? Then you won't be eligible for a prize if your baby is born nine months from today on Russia Day. This year, the lucky couple won a Jeep! And heck, even unwed mothers can win a little something. No discrimination there.

So, I've got $20.59 in my wallet. I only need $1,430 more to make a flight from Richmond on Tuesday. Although I'd have to work quickly. And how would I get the Jeep home?

No comments: