Saturday, September 01, 2007

Another Saturday Night and I ain't got nobody.....

"I've got some money, 'cause I just got paid." But happily, I'm not in an awful way.

There's a song for every day, emotion, event, eh? And sometimes, they just leap into your head.

Whenever I hear "curiosity killed the cat," I immediately say, "but George don't go for that, ba-dabba dabba dabba." Then I spend a good 5 minutes trying to retrieve the next line of that Jo Boxers song and explaining to anyone in the immediate vicinity that the band that sang "Just Got Lucky" had this other song, and oh never mind.[Sadly, it appears the lyrics to "Curious George" are not available online, so I will add another cd to my eBay wish list.]

"Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick. The one that makes me scream, she said." I've certainly had that one go through my mind in the throes of passion.

"Ya got nothing to lose, you don't lose when you lose fake friends." Joan Jett didn't just love rock 'n roll, she made it clear that sometimes you are better off without the people in your life.

"What you see is what you get, nothing more, nothing less. I'm chillin' smokin' chronic while you're chokin' on stress." A good reminder on the way into work. On the way home from work, you can't go wrong with "I wanna be sedated."

My current blush, Scott from Oregon (see my confession here), had a post about singing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" whenever he gets a song stuck in his head. Interesting, I thought, but I usually let the song linger for awhile before I try to move it along.

Great. Now I've got that freaking Cranberries song stuck in my head.

In the jungle, the mighty jungle....

No comments: